Leicester and Tottenham, two consistent performers of EPL, are going to face each other again. This time, the match will be a tough fight as both the teams narrowly missed out on UCL qualification last year. So this season, they would be eyeing a top 4 finish.
The Foxes don’t have a good record against the Spurs in recent times. They lost four out of the last five games against Jose Mourinho’s side. So, Leicester’s primary objective from this match will be grabbing three points. Can they do it this time? Only time will tell. However, we can tell you how to watch Tottenham vs Leicester live in your region. So, stay tuned till the end.
Leicester City vs Tottenham Hotspur: Past Encounters
To this day, Leicester has faced Spurs in 104 matches. They have only managed to win 36 of those matches while losing 57 games in the process. The other 21 games ended with scores levelled. Take a look at how the last five battles ended between Tottenham and Leicester.
- In the last match in July 2020, Leicester started badly with an own goal from James Justin. Then Harry Kane scored twice to make the scorecard 3-0 in Tottenham Hotspur’s favor. It was their first win against Leicester in the new stadium.
- Leicester won their only match in the last couple of seasons in their first meeting in EPL 19-20. Brendon Roger’s side won the game with 2-1 scoreline. Ricardo Pereira and James Maddison scored for Leicester while Tottenham’s only goal came from Harry Kane’s boot.
- In their previous encounter, Tottenham once again emerged victorious. The match ended in a 3-1 scoreline for the Spurs. Davinson Sanchez, Christian Eriksen and Heung-min Son scored the goals for Tottenham.
- Before that, in EPL 18-19, the Spurs won again at King Power stadium. This time with a 2-0 margin. Goals from Heung-min Son and Dele Alli ensured full three points for Tottenham.
- Their fifth-last encounter was an absolute thriller. The match ended with a 5-4 scoreline for Tottenham. Both Harry Kane and Eric Lamela scored braces as Tottenham bettered Leicester by one goal margin.
As you can clearly see, Tottenham has been the better side between the two. Their win record in latest encounters clearly states this fact.
Tottenham vs Leicester Live Streaming Links
The Premier League is so popular that you can live stream it from any corner of the planet. EPL’s live action is broadcasted in more than 180 countries all over the world. Here are some top countries with EPL’s broadcasting information.
- The United Kingdom: British football fans can enjoy EPL’s live action through various mediums. They can tune in to BT Sports network. BT Sports mobile app shows the game in live streaming mode. Fans with Amazon Prime Videos subscription can also watch EPL live on the OTT platform.
- The United States: NBC Sports is the official broadcaster of 20-21 EPL in the States. If your cable tv package includes NBC Sports, you can watch the game free of cost. Also, NBC’s live streaming app will show the match for handheld devices.
- India: India is one of the largest markets for EPL. Here Star Sports Network broadcasts all live actions of EPL. Star’s own OTT platform Disney+ Hotstar tackles the live streaming part. You can get Disney+ Hotstar with only Rs 125/month.
- China: The land of Red Dragon has millions of football fanatics. That’s why state-owned TV network CCTV shows the games live for Chinese audiences. If you’re in China, there’s another better way to watch the match for free. Watch Leicester vs Tottenham live on PPTV freeware live stream platform.
- Australia: Optus Sports network is the only option for our Australian readers. This TV network telecast selected games, including this match. You can also download their app to live stream Tottenham vs Leicester.
Here’s how football fans from other countries can also enjoy the most famous footballing affair in their country.
- Austria – SkySports
- Albania – SuperSport
- Argentina – ESPN
- Brazil – ESPN, Fox Sports
- Belgium – Play Sports
- Croatia – Sports Klub
- Canada – DAZN
- Germany – SkySports
- France – Canal+
- Italy – SkySports
- Japan – DAZN
- Indonesia – Mola TV
- Kazakhstan – Setanta Sports
- Netherlands – Ziggo Sports
- Norway – TV 2 Sport
- Poland – NC+
- New Zealand – Spark
- Russia – Sky Sport
- Spain – DAZN
- Sweden – Viasat Sport
- Switzerland – SkySport / Canal+
- Turkey – TRT Spor
Note: If you’re unable to find your country in this list, take help of your cable service provider. Due to lack of space, it isn’t possible for us to include all the countries. Now let’s move on to the current squad strength.
Leicester City Squad for this Match
Last year’s 5th best team Leicester have retained almost all their players. Check out how their present squad looks.
Kasper Schmeichel (gk), Danny Ward (gk), Eldin Jakupovic (gk)
Ben Chilwell (def), Wes Morgan (def), Caglar Soyuncu (def), Jonny Evans (def), Ricardo Pereira (def), Christian Fuchs (def), Daniel Amartey (def), James Justin (def), Ryan Bennett (def)
Demarai Gray (mf), James Maddison (mf), Marc Albrighton (mf), Harvey Barnes (mf), Matty James (mf), Nampalys Mendy (mf), Wilfred Ndidi (mf), Hamza Choudhury (mf), Youri Tielemans (mf), Dennis Praet (mf)
Jamie Vardy (st), Kelechi Iheanacho (st), Ayoze Perez (st), Islam Slimani (st), George Hirst (st)
Chelsea Squad for EPL 2020-21
After selling their star player to Real Madrid, Chelsea has brought in some real talents like Abraham, Mount and Pulisic. Check out how they’ve built their team for EPL 20-21.
Willy Caballero (gk), Kepa Arrizabalaga (gk), Jamie Cumming (gk),
Kurt Zouma (def), Ian Maatsen (def), César Azpilicueta (def) , Reece James (def), Andreas Christensen (def), Emerson(def), Antonio Rüdiger (def), Marcos Alonso (def), Fikayo Tomori (def),
Kenedy (mf), Lewis Bate (mf), Jorginho (mf), N’Golo Kante (mf), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (mf), Christian Pulisic (mf), Ross Barkley (mf), Mateo Kovacic (mf), Mason Mount (mf), Tiemoue Bakayoko (mf), Billy Gilmour (mf), Faustino Anjorin (mf)
Michy Batshuayi (st), Callum Hudson-Odoi (st), Olivier Giroud (st), Willian (st), Pedro (st), Tammy Abraham (st)
Leicester and Tottenham match is gonna be a close contest. Both the teams have similar squad strength and both missed UCL qualification by a whisker. So, both of them will be eyeing for a top four finish. It will be a tough job in the most competitive league in the world but let’s see if these two teams can do it.
What do you think, who will emerge victorious in this fixture? Tell us in the comment section.